International Society of Advanced Hypnotherapists (“ISAHt”) provides standards and guidance for the practice of hypnotherapy and regulates the performance and maintaining the high professional level of our trainers. All members approved by our board and trainers are required to comply with the ISAHt Code of Ethics to maintain certification and membership.
- I regard as my primary obligation the welfare of my client, whether individual or group.
- I will comply with the requirements of the law in the jurisdiction where I practice, including requirements with regard to dealings with clients in relation to race, religion, age, and gender status.
- I will offer services only within my scope of practice and boundaries of competence and the recognized knowledge and competences of the profession of hypnotherapy.
- I will not claim to diagnose, prescribe treatment for, or treat any mental or physical illness unless I possess qualifications additional to hypnotherapy certification, which legally entitle me to do so in the jurisdiction where I practice.
- I will not use any licensed or restricted title to which I am not legally entitled to the jurisdiction where I practice.
- I will advise a client whose requirements are outside my boundaries of competence to seek an appropriate alternative service.
- I will advise any client presenting symptoms of physical illness, including pain, to seek the advice of a medical practitioner if this has not already been obtained.
- I will not guarantee cures for any condition or make misleading claims or statements as to the outcome of the services I offer.
- I will make clear to the client before the provision of services, the terms, conditions, and charges for my services.
- I will maintain the confidentiality of information obtained during the course of providing my services, within the legal limits of reporting requirements in the jurisdiction where I practice. I will disclose any such limits of confidentiality to my clients prior to providing services. I will ensure that the client’s anonymity and privacy are safeguarded in the publication of any clinical material.
- I will obtain the written consent of one or both legal parent(s) or guardian before providing services to a minor.
- I will not engage in intimate social contact with a client until a period of at least two years from the final session with that client.
- I will undertake continuing professional development and education in accordance with the requirements of ISAHt as updated from time to time.
- I accept responsibility to help protect the community against unethical practice by any individuals engaged in providing hypnotherapy services e.g. by reporting professional misconduct to the proper bodies or authorities, or to their certifying organization.
- I treat with respect the findings, views and actions of professional colleagues and use appropriate channels to express my opinions on these matters.
- I will conduct myself in a manner consistent with upholding the good reputation of the profession of hypnotherapy.
- I will distinguish clearly in public between my statements and actions as an individual and as a representative of an organization.
- I will always be professional when it comes to mentions and working with my professional collegues. Always with respect to maintain a good reputation.
I understand that the maintenance of high ethical standards by ISAHt is an important support to the professional standing of all Hypnotherapists. I agree to conduct my practice and all professional interactions in strict accordance with ISAHt code of ethics & mission statement. By accepting my Certification, I consent to the authority and jurisdiction of ISAHt to promulgate such rules and regulations, as it may from time to time deem necessary and to take such action, including legal, as it deems necessary to enforce them. This is to protect me as a professional therapist and to protect my clients.
I understand that my Certification could be suspended for a specific period of time or revoked if the code of ethics & mission statement is not fulfilled. In any case, I agree to hold ISAHt harmless for any actions it may take to guard against unethical practices or to enforce the rules and regulations.